Heartsaver First Aid Class Cost $50.00
Heartsaver First Aid training is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course. We teach the critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. Students learn skills such as how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies.
This class is also offered online.
Audience This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
- Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
Course Format Classroom-based (instructor and video, with skills conducted throughout)
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Student manual comes with a new Heartsaver First Aid Quick Reference Guide that summarizes first aid actions for many injuries and illnesses
- Course is updated with the new science
Certification After completing this course, students will receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid Course Completion Card that is valid for two years. During the course, an AHA Instructor conducts video-based lessons and works with students to complete their first aid skills practice and testing.