BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR/AED
Course Cost $50.00
*Same-day AHA certification card with (paid) pre-course registration up to 24 hours prior to training session.
This course is for healthcare professionals: nurses, doctors, medical assistants, dentists, dental assistants, who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
Initial Provider Course requires approximately 4.5 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing. Renewal Course requires approximately 4 hours, including skills practice and skills testing.
· Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
· Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
· The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
· 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
· 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
· Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
· Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
· Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
· Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
· CPR with an advanced airway
· Video based course ensures consistency
· Instructor led, hands on class format reinforces skills proficiency
· Student manual comes with new Pocket Reference Card, designed to provide quick emergency information to the rescuer at any time.
· Updated Science based content
American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers Course Completion Card is valid for two years.
In the classroom, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam