Bloodborne Pathogens Training Online Training
Class Cost $35.00
Students complete a series of online lessons and interactive questions. No skills session is required.
The Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Online Course teaches students how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials.
This course is designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction OSHA -29 CFR 1910.1030.
Audience This course is designed for any workers with a reasonable chance of coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens such as:Correctional Officers
- Childcare workers
- Security Guards
- Maintenance workers
- School personnel
- Hotel Housekeepers
- Health and Fitness Club Staff
- Tattoo Artists
Course Content AHA’s course uses the PACT acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) and slogan, “Make a PACT, Know How to Act,” to help students learn and easily recall bloodborne pathogens training. Students learn how to:
- Protect themselves from exposure to bloodborne pathogens
- Act when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Clean themselves and the area when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Tell or report any exposure to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
Course Format eLearning (online lessons)
- Interactive questions and video segments
- Content is based on the PACT acronym to reinforce critical learning points
- Downloadable Participation Certificate is available
- Can start, stop and return to online modules as needed
- Provides an alternative to classroom-based course
Certification Students can access downloadable Participation Certificate upon course completion.